Prince Onuh speaks on his efforts to cushion effects of COVID-19 and its attendant hardship

Onuh

Onuh

Nigerian Concord Newspaper

PDP chairmanship candidate of Ogbadibo local government area of Benue state, Honourable Prince Onuh, has spoken on his efforts to cushion the effects of coronavirus and its attendant hardship on the people of the local government.

Onuh who spoke in a press statement also denied media reports which said that the money he has been spending to bring relief to the people in these hard times were public funds.

Below is the full statement:

I have decided to reach out to the vulnerable and less privileged in my immediate community in an effort to alleviate the pains brought about by the novel Covid -19 pandemic.

To this end, I have set aside ₦10,000,000.00 (Ten Million Naira) out of which 6000 sanitizers have been purchased and will be distributed to the people of Orokam, Otukpa and Owukpa districts of Ogbadibo LGA.

Also 1,000 less privileged and vulnerable individuals will benefit as palliatives between ₦5,000, ₦7,000 or ₦10,000 each, out of which 60% will be indigenes of Ogbadibo while the remaining 40% will be spread across Benue South in particular and Benue State in general.

The process started since Friday 3rd April and I have already reached out to over 200 friends and families in my own little way.

Others on this platform who think from a sincere heart that they will appreciate this assistance at this critical time can forward their account details to me via inbox regardless of their Party or religious affiliations.

For emphasis, those sending me mischievous messages that I am sharing money meant for the local government at my discretion should be informed that I’ve ceased to be the Caretaker chairman of Ogbadibo LG since 16th January, 2020 and have never been to the secretariat ever since then.
I don’t know the current treasurer and DGSA of the LG so I don’t have any control over the Council funds.

The forthcoming local government election in the State has also been won and lost and as the PDP candidate/flag bearer in Ogbadibo, I am the sole candidate and so that can not be a reason for anyone to come and look for free money they may not need as this has nothing to do with campaign funds.

So let this be about people who have genuine needs, most especially those who’s source of income have been affected by the ongoing lock down.

As for those that lives in the hinterland without bank accounts, ₦5,000.00 will be packaged in envelopes and we will move from door to door in Otukpa, Orokam and Owukpa to distribute them with the sanitizers between now and Friday 10th April.

As we prepare to celebrate the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ, may the Lord heal our land and grant us success in our individual endeavours.

A New Ogbadibo Is Possible.

Honourable Prince Onuh

Attachment